Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tripping across

Here I am sitting all apparently busy in my I-Sec cubicle with my boss right behind my back penning down my first blog after I joined the grand ol world of working people :P. Oh yes my MD is also hovering around, contemplative coz there’s too much happening around. At least that’s what my limited knowledge can make out. So while I am supposed to be pondering over the RBI and Euro’s inflation, I am sneaking in a post about my famous road trip. As usual I am famously late after making grandiose announcements about my chronicling skills all through the trip.

The genesis of the trip lay in L 2nd when 3 slisha high gentlemen brain-stormed over Glen-fidditches to do something out of the way after IIMB. Amidst all placement woes, a tentative plan emerged. Borrow Dada’s famous Esteem (may Her Holiness always rest in peace) and drive down from Pune to Cal across the breadth of the country and brave the summer heat. Brave thoughts instead I must say. Google maps was summoned and in true Manager style an excel sheet materialized out of thin air. In my comfortably happy state, my imagination could already conjure up images of plate of hot steaming dhaba food, interesting people along the road, roads leading past the sea, green fields, mountains and dry arid country mile after mile after mile…

I must confess when I woke up all sobered up in the morning the plan seemed like a dream, unlikely to work out. It would be hot (and I mean real hot). Dada’s Esteem seemed a very unlikely candidate to aid a trip of this magnitude. In its’ current state it couldn’t chug along a mere 10 km without another ailment presenting itself and here we were talking thousands not even hundreds of km.

To be continued amidst house-hunting and hiding from ze bosses...

2 comments:

Megha said...

hehe...episodes :) i like! can you also upload and youtube link the videos of forest fires and all that??
One eagerly awaits :)

Fugitive said...

Photos will be updated as soon as i get a plc where I can access net...slisha difficult to do it in office...Shud have it done it at home sigh...