Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Journey

Long years ago
A dream possessed me
And try as hard as I could
The obsession did not forsake me
Till at last consumed it my did my very fibre

Begun a perilous journey I had
Through choppy waters and waves of wrath
Far from many a familiar face
My past a forgotten reality

Many were the tears I shed
Contemplated as I did the forbidden grail
And as I lay enclosed in my own world
Block I could not the sound of the waves
As they tried to batter down my retreat

Alone and friendless as I lay
Seeking a light that scarcely beckoned me
It dawned upon me
How I had turned my back on my former self

When at last the deck I strode upon
To breathe the winds of change that swept around me
And astounded was I by the sights around me
When in a flash of lightening it all dawned

Meaningless my dream was
If waited it did outside my very doorstep
Rob me it would of everything to live for
For in winning what I always did dream of
Only emptiness would it earn me

But in the journey to earn it
A new man it would make of me

1 comment:

Santosh (Munnu) said...

hi dude.... great lines.
Great truth in what you say- there is far more to cherish in the journey rather than the destination.