Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Tear

The Tear

The single tear that caresses my cheek
And drops lightly to the ground
Yet the agony of my heart it doesn't relieve

As I barely struggle to my feet
Awaking from a timeless stupour
Which I never believed would end
As close to death I could possibly feel
All I desire is to cry
To let my emotions pour out
The torrential rain that sweeps aside the dry earth
Like it never did exist

If I could only cry and erase the past
Wake up like a new man
Alive in all my senses
Believing that I could achieve anythig
Having banished all my ghosts of self-doubt and pity.

But from the disease-infested ruined innards of my soul
Only a single tear escapes
As if to mock the miles that separate me from her
And the vastness of the abyss confronting me
Which I am too scared to cross

As I silently wipe it away
Some half-baked truths do I realise
I cannot cry because
I do not repent for any of my sins
Save one that makes me thus weep.

3 comments:

Shreya said...

All the mistakes I have made in my past, if I could erase them, I wouldnt even be half the person I am now..

Santosh (Munnu) said...

Nice one dude......
Want a more cheerful one next :)

Fugitive said...

I beleive the sweetest of lines penned are also the saddest ones. There's something about sorrow that appeals to everyone's heart. Cheerful poetry is amusing but frivolous. Maybe will tone down the sadness next time :) But making it cheerful won't help me identify myself with my own poems.